Tuesday, January 1, 2013

 So here's my tips for center time:



Student Groups

 My students are divided into five groups of 3-4 students.  Each group is a certain colored bear.  For example. I have purple bears, blue bears, green bears, etc. Each group knows where to go because I put their color bear in their center.  Each day, I just rotate the bears. 


 
Center areas are arranged in five different places within the room.  They are labeled with the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5, like this:


 My center baskets are also labeled with the same numbers.  When we set up, the kids just take the basket with the number 1 on it to the area with the number 1 and set up the contents of the basket.



 Center time can be crazy!!  This little bit of organization helps me a ton.















No comments:

Post a Comment